Call for Participation to 1st European EPIC Meeting in Barcelona, 11. May 2012
The European EPIC (Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference) community is pleased to invite you to a one-day meeting in Barcelona, Spain, on Friday May 11th, 2012, hosted by ELISAVA Design School. The goal of this first-of-its-kind meeting is to provide a space for anyone involved in the use of ethnographic research in industry where we can:
- meet and get to know each other, giving voice to and sharing our diverse set of experiences,
- explore and discuss the state of ethnographic practice from a distinct European angle, and
- develop an action plan around where we want to take things in the future.
The meeting complements the annual global EPIC conference held this year in Savannah, Georgia, USA.
Who should come:
- Ethnographic practitioners and those interested in ethnographic practice in the business world
- Designers, marketers, planners, anthropologists and others from related fields (students are encouraged)
- People working in corporations, research firms, agencies/ consultancies, and academia
The meeting is scheduled for Friday May 11, 2012. There is a reception and informal dinner the evening before on Thursday May 10. For those who want to be part of organizing the future of Epic Europe there will be an informal brunch the day after.
The meeting is hosted by ELISAVA Design School, La Rambla 30-32, 08002 Barcelona, Spain, www.elisava.net
For more info go to http://epiceuropenetwork.wordpress.com/